There is magic in words that may not be equaled by action. Words can take away weariness, fly you to unknown heights or heal your soul of its various afflictions. Many times, inspirational thoughts can be the best cure to someone suffering from failure, heartache or even loss.
Encouraging quotes are numerous and it is a treasure indeed to find one that speaks to you. Many times, people who have gone through pain and suffering offer the best inspirational quotes. They not only speak from experience but also speak from the heart.
Inspirational quotes for those who are ready to give up
The words of Mahatma Gandhi are like manna from heaven. They are real and so full of wisdom. If you are experiencing failures and disappointments, or facing trials and about ready to give up, listen to these insightful words.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “We must become the change that we want to see.”
- “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.”
- “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
- “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”
Martin Luther King also shares his own encouraging words as he struggles to fight for the cause of the African-Americans Civil Rights Movement.
- “We must accept finite disappointment but we must never lose infinite hope.”
Here are a few inspirational quotes that are simple but so succinctly true:
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
- “It matters if you just don’t give up.” – Stephen Hawking
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
- “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” – Andrew Carnegie
Inspirational quotes for people who are hurting or suffering
To those who have been rejected or have been heartbroken, these encouraging words should be your mantra:
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Gandhi
Wallowing in self-pity, despair or even anger is bad for you. By overcoming the pain, no matter how great this may be, you will come out a better person in the end. Heed these encouraging words and live your life well and good.
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes that it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
- “Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.” – Maya Angelou
- “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is an opportunity for growth.” – unknown
- “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – unknown
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
Inspirational quotes for people who are grieving
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle Onassis
- “Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – unknown
In the end, encouraging words can only take seed if you want them to. It is still your choice whether to open your mind and your heart and then make the first step forward.